Hi, I’m James Yeh.
Unlike other blogs, there’s no particular achievement or attachment to talk about here as of July 2018.
Rather than describing myself as a something at somewhere, I prefer to say I have exposure to real estate private equity, e-commerce-focused venture builder, long / short equity. Not sure it’s unfortunate or fortunate, my (insert anything) path is still undefined. This place serves as my intellectual platform which might guide me to somewhere and give me a sense of building up something.
I am a fan of manga and anime and a lover of Japanese and Italian food. Sometimes I travel and review hotels and restaurants I visit. I am a student of value investing.
I studied business administration focusing on technology management in college at National Taiwan University and then finished a postgraduate degree in finance at The London School of Economics and Political Science.
I can be reached via email@example.com or on twitter.
This blog will be more about business-related topics that interest me and I categorize them by:
- markets / industries / sectors / business models… I discuss (Ranpu)
- tools / concepts / frameworks / theories… I use or discuss (Naifu)
- blogs / book / twitter / websites / research paper… I refer to (Kaban)
Ranpu or ランプ is lamp, a symbol of the coverage of my posts by different cuts while I only follow or discuss but not actually cover.
Naifu or ナイフ is knife, a symbol of approaches I use or discuss in my posts.
Concepts, Theories, Frameworks, Tools & Techniques
- System Dynamics
- Disruptive Innovation Theory
- Unit Economics
Internet and Social Media Analytics
- Google Trends
Financial Analysis, Investment Research and Portfolio Management
- Atom Finance
Information Acquisition / Corporate Access
Operational Tools / Productivity
- Google’s products: calendar, keep, docs, drive…
- Online Voice Record
Product Management related
Kaban or かばん is bag, a symbol of online / offline resources I find them useful / insightful.
Blogs / Websites
- 25iq by Tren Griffin
- Andreessen Horowitz by members at a16z
- AVC by Fred Wilson
- @andrewchen by Andrew Chen
- Above the Crowd by Bill Gurley
- Apollo Investment Management by Claire Barnes
- Alex Clayton @Medium
- Bond by BondCap
- Connie Chan by Connie Chan
- Devon Zuegel by Devon Zuegel
- Drinking from the Firehose by Alex Taussig
- kwokchain by Kevin Kwok
- Li Jin by Li Jin
- Latticework Investing by Richard Lewis
- Lenny’s Newsletter by Lenny Rachitsky
- Marc Andreessen (original) by Marc Andreessen
- Pmarchive (organized Marc Andreessen blog archive)
- Musings on Markets by Aswath Damodaran
- MatthewBall.vc by Matthew Ball
- Non-GAAP Thoughts by Mike
- Patrick Collison by Patrick Collison
- Reaction Wheel by Jerry Neumann
- Remains of the Day by Eugene Wei
- Sriram Krishnan by Sriram Krishnan
- STRATECHERY by Ben Thompson
- Strateλogical by @stratelogical
- versionone by Angela Tran Kingyens and Boris Wertz
The idea of Ranpu, Naifu and Kaban categorization comes from the theme song in Carrying You (君をのせて) in the animated film Castle in the Sky (天空の城ラピュタ)
さあ でかけよう ひときれのパン
ナイフ ランプ かばんにつめこんで